SUPPLEMENTS TO THE AUDIO FILE:
• Handout: CLICK HERE to download the handout distributed at Using the Ear to Train the Eye
• The Catullus VCast: http://www.haverford.edu/classics/audio/Catullus/Catullus1pres.mov
• Assignment Review: http://www.haverford.edu/classics/audio/PensumReview11_24.m4a
Monday, January 12, 2009
Bret Mulligan: Using the Ear to Train the Eye--Experiments in Podcasting Latin
Posted by Chris Ann Matteo at 11:45 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- Introduction: Chris Ann Matteo
- Lars Brownworth: 12 Byzantine Rulers
- Patrick Hunt: Tracking Hannibal with Imagination I...
- Henry Bender: To Pod or Not to Pod--Podcasting AP ...
- Bret Mulligan: Using the Ear to Train the Eye--Exp...
- Jennifer Sheridan Moss: Present Imperfect--Perhaps...
- You're Invited!...(and CLICK HERE to listen to det...
- ▼ January (8)
Mulligan and I had several chats following the panel, especially about what this technology might mean in the training of graduate students. His assertion is that presentation skills must be mastered, with the view that in any teaching setting (university or k-12) the teacher may be recorded. My thought is that prospective Ph.D.s should add easy-to-master technical skills in blogging, recording and self-publishing their audio work.ReplyDelete